Join Bill Granger as he shows you how to make his Veggie Burger with Chickpeas, Chilli and Lemon Zest. Parsley, coriander and spring onions included!
I’ll be the first to admit that when it comes to vegetarian recipes on Gourmet Guys we are a little light. What do expect when you have three meat eating guys picking out the recipes. The thing that we should all remember though is that vegetarian recipes are not just for vegetarians but everybody. Hence the title is veggie burger and not vegetarian burger.
Bill uses some special seeds that he grew in his garden for this veggie burger recipe and we have no idea what they are so we have not specified them in the recipe. You can add whatever seeds you have lying around if you wish. The spicier they are the closer they will be to the ones used in this recipe.
To make this veggie burger recipe Bill uses chickpeas blended with some chillies for a bit of warmth and lemon zest, parsley, coriander and spring onions to give it an healthy flavour. You can pretty much mix and match with this recipe, depending on what you have available. I’d definitely recommend keeping the chickpeas though.
So even if you are not a vegetarian there is not reason for you not to enjoy this veggie burger either for lunch, dinner or as a starter if you are entertaining.
Watch Bill Granger in an episode from Tasty Weekends and his Veggie Burger Recipe
Serves: 8 Preparation: 15 min Cooking: 20 min
|Flat Leaf Parsley||1||handful(s)|
|Olive Oil – Extra Virgin||3||tablespoon(s)|
|Flat Leaf Parsley|
- Drain the chickpeas
- Chop the coriander
- Chop the parsley
- Chop the spring onion
- Zest the lemon, about 2 teaspoons worth
- Chop the chilli
- Pop the chickpeas and eggs into a processor and blitz with a good pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix it all together with the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, chopped, parsley, coriander, chilli and spring onions.
- Rest for 10 minutes
- With wet hands shape 8 large patties (or 16 small ones)
- Heat some oil in a pan (medium – high heat)
- Cook the patties in batches for about 4 minutes each way. Depends how big or how small you have made them.
Serve with the yoghurt, paprika and olive oil and the salad sides.