Gordon Ramsay shows you how to joint a chicken with the most important tip being, let the knife do the work.
- Open up the legs and pierce the skin between the leg and the breast.
- Pull the leg back with your hand on top of the breast to keep it steady.
- Pop the bone out of the joint and slice through
- Repeat the same with the other leg
- Locate the knuckle between the drum and the thigh, then slice through.
- To finish of the leg scrape the tendons off the bone and chop the end off.
- Keep the knuckles for stock.
- Pull the wings out, feel for the joint and slice through.
- For the breasts slice down and cut through, not around the wish bone.
- Repeat the same on the other side