One of South Africa’s favourites! A Mozambican Prawns Nacional recipe
Mozambican Prawns Nacional is one of those dishes that we mostly order when dining out at a Portuguese restaurant or on holiday in Mozambique.
What many do not seem to realise is that this is a very easy dinner to make at home. So we recommend that you all give this recipe a go, you will not be disappointed.
It’s best served with a crusty Portuguese Roll or chips to dip into the sauce.
Serves: 4 Preparation: 5 min Cooking: 15 min
|Fresh Parsley||1||small bunch(s)|
- Peel & chop the garlic
- Chop the chillies
- Chop the parsley
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat
- Add the bay leaves, chopped garlic & chopped chillies
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Chuck in the prawns and the smoked paprika increase to medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turning the prawns half way through
- When the prawns have turned a reddish colour you will know they are nearly ready.
- Pour in the beer and cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour in the cream
- Add salt to taste and then some of the parsley (save some for garnish).
- Cook for another 2 minutes on low heat.
If you are cooking this as a mains you can serve with chips, rice, veg or salad. Whatever takes you fancy. As a starter this will be perfect as is although you might want to reduce the number of prawns or invite more guests.