Indulge yourself with a little molecular gastronomy spherification and some watermelon caviar and ravioli.
This is the same process as Molecular Gastronomy & the Spherification of Cranberry Juice, you might want to check that video out too, it has more detail. It also has a cool soundtrack so plug in your speakers.
101 instructions are:
- Mix a bath of calcium chloride
- Add sodium alginate to watermelon juice
- Load into an array of droppers
- Drip the juice into the calcium chloride
- Spheres of cranberry form
- Wash off the calcium carbonate
- Strain & serve the little watermelon spheres in your cocktails